Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review: SquareHue Subscription Box


Who doesn't  want pretty nails? And pretty nails that supports a great cause? I'm in!

This month, I got the  chance to review SquareHue, a subscription company out of Florida who delivers 3 exclusive, premium nail polishes to your door in the first week of every month. 

Every month is a new theme with different and unique colors that exemplify high fashion, and are meant to break you out of your shell. For me, my "shell" included Vamp by Chanel, black, and, yeah, that was it. Consider me a fashionable Humpty Dumpty, I'm now wearing 2 colors I never would have chosen for myself!

When I received my SquareHue box, it was small and didn't look like much. When opened, you see it is a branded box with the 3 exclusive  polishes, and a product card detailing the colors and finishes of the polishes. 

I'm not big into nail fashion. I didn't consider different finishes, or textures for polishes.  It makes sense, though - my hubby is a car guy, so I know all about matte finish, and matte metalics, and micro glitter. Duh, girls get these cool advances in color technology  too!

2014 for SquareHue was all about different fashionable locations. Some months have included locations such as New York, London, and Paris. 


December's destination was Rovaniemi.  (Rovenemi is a city in Finland, I totally had to look that one up!) On the bottom of each polish is the name of the color with the month and year the color was released.

Joulesupunkin Pajakylä  (Finnish for Santa Claus Village) is described as a micro glitter. This color is what allowed me to be in my shell still, in the deep red family of color I'm very comfortable with.

Sampokeskus (a Shopping Centre at Rovaniemi, an oasis of trends, fashion and beauty) is described as a textured micro glitter.  This gold polish has great texture. For days I kept rubbing my ring finger nails,  and made others feel them too. A fun accent to the red of the first color. Even with all the layers of topcoat painted on, the gritted texture is awesome! 

I was afraid of Revontuli (a year round resort where northern lights can easily be seen). Revontuli is a deep green, described as having a suede texture. I think the finish really threw off the woman painting my toe nails, because she kept applying the topcoat, she wanted shiny toes. The polish held up to its description, suede. Its actually  a very pretty  color, it surprised me.

I'm excited to see the 2015 monthly collections. The theme for the year is "Through the Decades." Fun!

The SquareHue monthly subscription is $14.99 + shipping. SquareHue also proudly boasts that it is made in the USA and is 5-free. 5-free means it is free if the 5 toxic chemicals not needed to make beautiful  polishes: formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Camphor or Formaldehyde Resin.

Now to the part I love most about SquareHue, Currently a portion of all monthly subscription proceeds are being donated for prevention, awareness, the protection of trafficked victims and the prosecution of human traffickers.  Proceeds go to the A21 Campaign - I followed the link to check out The A21 Campaign, which I did, and you should too.
 
When I learned there is more to SquareHue than beautifully curated, limited edition colors, all made in the USA, it made me love them. 

The SquareHue site is fun too. You can sign up to receive nail mail. Punny.




Shared with:
Handmade TuesdayTuesdays With A Twist, Turn It Up TuesdayTreasure Box Tuesday, You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Mommy Club, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Penny Pinching Party, Wake Up Wednesday, Wednesday RoundupWhat We Accomplished Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Work It Wednesday.  
It's A Party, Share Your Cup, Thursday Favorite Things.
~ Brilliant Blog Posts, Foodie Friday, Freedom FridaysFridays Unfolded, That Friday Blog Hop.
~ Dare to Share, No Rules Weekend, Saturday Spotlight.
~ DIY Inspired, DIY Showcase, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Sunday Brunch.
Masterpiece Monday,Mix It Up Monday, Mommy Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday.                                     


5 comments:

  1. Love those colours! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh neat! I love subscription stuff... maybe something like this would inspire me to do my nails more? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are nice colors. i have never heard of this subscription box. i am a fan of paying a dollar and under for my nail polishes. :)

    ReplyDelete