Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Review: Mumma's Little Helpers


If you have children, you know that this is true: Tiny humans = big messes.

Seriously, how does that happen? Big messes in their bedroom, big messes in the living room, big messes in the bathroom, and big messes around the kitchen table. What baby has not dropped food off of the high chair to see what happened? I know that both of mine have and the one still does!

Being parents, we are always on the lookout for the next thing to help contain the chaos, and we found a good answer with Mumma's Little Helpers. Mumma's Little Helpers is an Australian company that makes high chair bibs that fit around most any four legged high chair or dining room chair. These bibs are easy to care for, with most cleaning being a simple wipe down, although they are machine washable as well.

I got my gorgeous red and black helper in a convenient matching pouch and knew that I had to put it on our high chair right away.

It was a little confusing at first by just looking at the product itself, but once I actually read the included directions, installation was super easy. There were three bits of Velcro that had to be applied to the high chair, and were as easy as stickers to get on.

 Unfortunately after only a couple weeks, two of the three bits of Velcro had come off of the chair, leaving the bib a bit....floppy. This was easily enough fixed with some sticky back Velcro I got at the craft store.

Boy, does this thing really help cut down on messes from meals!

When my daughter decides that she is done with eating, or that she does not care for apple slices today, and drops her food to the floor, it is instead caught in this ingenious little bib, and I don't have another gigantic mess on the floor to clean.

All I need to do is to drop the back portion of the bib and let the debris pour into the trashcan. 

It also is handy for catching dropped cups and plates, reducing the splatter mess.



I love this high chair bib so much, I actually brought it with me on my cross country trip, intending on using it at my father-in-law's house, attaching it with the leftover sticky back Velcro I had gotten earlier.

Unfortunately, he did not want the Velcro attached to the beautiful wooden high chair he had, so I wasn't able to use it. I really wish I could have, because not having it reminded me why I really love it.

I think that every Mumma should have one of these for their kiddos, it really makes life a bit less stressful when you have one less mess to clean!  

Mumma's Little Helper Highchair Bibs are available in several colors and patterns for between 40.00AUD and 65.00AUD, depending on size, and they will ship internationally for a extra fee.







5 comments:

  1. I wish this was around when my girls were babies. My daughters were so messy!!! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is pretty genius. I remember having such a mess every time they ate. I wanted to feed them to avoid the mess, but then they wouldn't learn how to do it themselves. This would have saved me so many headaches and so many times of being down on my hands and knees washing the floor. This is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is pretty genius. I remember having such a mess every time they ate. I wanted to feed them to avoid the mess, but then they wouldn't learn how to do it themselves. This would have saved me so many headaches and so many times of being down on my hands and knees washing the floor. This is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are a great idea!! thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where was this when my daughter was 1?
    What a great product!

    ReplyDelete