Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Review: Illumibowl - New & Improved!


Last summer, I did a review on a product called the Illumibowl. Let me give you a quick little reminder of what this product was all about. This is a motion activated light that adheres to your toilet so when you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, you do not have to turn the light on.

It really is a great concept and I was sure it would work well with my two young girls who sometimes have to get up in the middle of the night.

While I was very excited to try this product out and use it the first time, I was pretty disappointed at it not working correctly for me, as explained in my previous review.

Well, Illumibowl contacted me recently and asked me to try out their new and improved product, and write another review! I was happy to take on the task to hopefully be able to write a more positive review of their product. I was not disappointed this time around!!

This time, it not only works as I'd hoped it would for the girls, but they also love that our toilet bowl is pink when it is dark (you can choose from among nine different colors, but with two girls, pink it is).

So the original Illumibowl design had a backing of 4 suction cups that you adhered to the side of the toilet with the light bulb part inside the bowl, and for me I could never get it to stick correctly.

Once I did get it to stick, but the moment  I lifted the toilet seat lid, it fell onto the floor or into the toilet. Annoying to say the least.

This New and Improved design is just that, improved! They now have a flexible arm that rests right on the toilet base and hangs over, and they've gotten rid of those suction cups altogether.


I had suggested in my previous review that this product would work best with a hook type design and the new product essentially is just that. The flexible arm is great because it can fit on any size toilet with ease. I am highly satisfied now that I can actually use the product to its full potential.

They've also upgraded the light features! The original design also had nine colors and with both models, you could rotate between colors. 

They have now added a feature where you can click the button on the side of the device and it has 3 separate dimming settings.

I found this to be great, because some of the colors were very bright.

Although my kids loved it, walking in and seeing the brightest of greens in your toilet in the middle of the night is just sometimes a little much!  I want to keep my night vision at 3 am, thanks!

I absolutely love this new version of Illumibowl. My kids love it (still) and are now a little older so they are not obsessed with touching it, which is nice.

I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends. I think this would be a great product for any potty training parent, or really anyone in general. Great update, Illumibowl, and thank you for giving me the chance to try this out again!

www.illumibowl.com
twitter.com/illumibowl
https://www.instagram.com/illumibowl
https://www.pinterest.com/illumibowl/
http://illumibowl.tumblr.com/

9 comments:

  1. Great concept for night time potty trips with children. I would just be concerned about keeping it clean or cleaning the unit. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is pretty cool! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, this is so cool. I love that the company took the suggestions and implemented them, changing the product so it worked the way it was intended! Love that. I don't have any little one's, but if I did I would so be getting one of these, this showed that they care about their product and their customers. The best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I can see how kids would love it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin just got this, and was sharing how much she loves Illumibowl. I may need one for my daughter's bathroom.


    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute concept. I love that they listened, revamped their product, and made it better. That's a fun company to work with! Thanks for linking up with us at Together on Tuesdays. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the concept behind them. I have been seeing them a lot on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've never seen a product like this. I'm sure kids will like the variety of colors! Thank you for linking up at Together on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete